Dear friends, In this article I am going to write a number of MCQ of general science. These questions will be very beneficial for you in your competitive examination like all State PCS ( UPPCS, BPSC, JPSC, UKPCS, RPSC, MPPSC etc.), SSC, SSC CGL, IBPS, UPSSSC VDO etc.
- The heavenly body nearest to earth is the –
- Athlete’s foot is a dangerous disease caused by –
- Vitamin deficiency
- Which of the following is poorest heat insulator-
- How does the soda water go up in the straw-
- The air is sucked out and the atmospheric pressure pushes in the liquid.
- CO2 in soda water pushes in the liquid
- By pushing cork of bottle
- By sucking soda water sucked inside.
Ans- the air is sucked out and the atmospheric pressure pushes in the liquid.
- Brass gets discoloured in air because of the presence of the following gases in the air-
- Carbon monoxide
- Hydrogen sulphide
Ans- Hydrogen sulphide
- Which material is used in pencil?
- The hardest substance available on the earth is-
- Which of the following is used as a lubricant –
- Iron oxide
Ans – Graphite
- Galvanised iron have a coating of ?
Ans – Zinc
- Which substance is added to remove permanent hardness of water?
- Sodium carbonate
- Potassium permanganate
Ans – Sodium carbonate
- What is most important ore of Aluminium ?
- Pitch blend
Ans – Bauxite
- Which is the most soluble in water?
- Calcium carbonate
- Common salt
Ans – Sugar
- Why does Potassium Permanganate used for purifying the water?
- It is an oxidising agent.
- It is sterilising agent.
- It dissolves the impurities the impurity of water.
- It is a reducing agent.
Ans – It is an oxidising agent.
- Which element is responsible to produce green flame in fireworks?
Ans – Barium.
- Production of chlorofluorocarbons gas which is proposed to be banned in india, is used in which of the domestic products?
- Cooking gas
- Liquified petroleum gas
Ans – Refrigerator
Many questions of general science are asked in different competitive exams.
Visit UPSSSCPORTAL.COM daily because I write here for your exams. And my name is Rohit Nandan Singh. I am author of this website.
If you have any doubts or queries you can ask in comment box. All the best for your exams.
Next part of Most Expected General Science MCQ